Monday, June 27, 2011

I Choose

I choose to be me.
I choose to be happy, I choose to be sad.
I choose to forgive, I choose to forget.
I choose to remember, I choose to hold on.
I choose to have the last word, I choose to drop the issue.
I choose to turn the other cheek, I choose to throw the first punch.
I choose to be the dancer, I choose to be the singer.
I choose to be the center of attention,
I choose to stand in the shadows.
I choose to have an opinion, I choose to not care.
I choose to forget the fact that I choose.

So many times I think we forget that we are the deciders of our own actions. We may be influenced by so many things, yet those things do not make our decisions for us. Yes, they may affect it in a way, but no decision in out of our control. Outcomes of those decision and choices can't be determined by us. So I guess this is my new mid-year goal.

I choose to be happy; I choose to try; I choose to live

No comments:

Post a Comment