Friday, July 8, 2011

Dear Friend,

I am sorry I made you angry with the words I said.
Only meant to help, they ended up hurting instead.

You didn't quite take it, how I hoped you would.
And I guess I didn't handle it quite the way I should.

Your words were very harsh, the blow was deep and mean
And the impact of the words hurt more than could be seen.

I wanted to forgive you, but the words rang in my ears,
It was a hit too close to home, on one of my biggest fears.

I have always tried to help you because you're my closest friend
Yet my advice was met with malice and so now my help will end.

I will still be there to listen and hear of your daily pains,
but I will not offer any advice. No more, and never again.

I hope this doesn't seem too harsh or like I do not care.
Our friendship will go better if my feelings I do not share.

So my thoughts I will keep to myself, we're better off that way,
I guess I should start this promise now, that's all I have to say.

1 comment: