Sunday, June 13, 2010

Looking Back.


Today I went to a friends homecoming. It was almost as if he had never left. All the gang was back together with a few additions (Spouses, and kids). Everything was back to how it was before. I no longer felt like I was in college. I no longer worried about dance, or school, or relationships or anything. We all just talked and loved life. It was refreshing, and then I realized that soon we would all leave and continue our lives. Time had stopped for a brief moment, but I couldn't hold it there forever. It had to move on. So the time came and we all parted and went our separate ways. As I walked toward my car, the smell of the rain filled air and the look of the green grass ahead of me sent me into another flashback.

Nauvoo. The feeling of it seemed to seep quickly into my soul. I didn't know how or what had brought this feeling on, but I longed more then anything to be back in that place. Yes it was hot and humid at times. And I was always so tired after each and every show, but it didn't matter because I was so happy there. I was doing what I loved, with people I loved, in a place I loved. I wish that I could put the spirit of Nauvoo down in words. Sadly it is impossible. That place was amazing. I can't remember a time when I was so happy for no reason. We went spent a lot time in vans, we did a lot of seemingly boring things. Yet I loved every minute of it. I often wish I could turn back time. Maybe someday soon I will go back, but until then I just have to live with my memories.

1 comment:

  1. What the crap!? Now I finally start seeing your blog appearing on my reel!!!!! Now I can actually see if you've written anything new!!! YAAAaaaayyyy!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete